I was inspired by the love and care of the SWS team, who went out of their way to make everyone feel welcomed, loved and cared for. They had everything organised down to the smallest detail.
Saturday night's 3 course dinner had a real atmosphere about it and the talk given by Red Fulton was warm and challenging- she explained God's love from the bible that was enough to blow anyone away. Our God is so good!
I was so encouraged by so many people there- sharing not only their scrapbooking but their life stories and experiences. I was especially touched by the honest way some chatted about their faith in God through the good times and the hard times. It was lovely to be with so many friendly women.
I had the opportunity to do Luci Austin's Free styling class- she is an amazing women. I was so totally inspired by her approach- it was like being set free- free to create and not be bounded by the rules of scrapbooking either spoken or not!! I am so going to experiment with the whole freestyle approach. Thanks Luci.
When my husband and daughters came to pick me up, one of my daughters asked "Did you make any new friends mum?" And I could honestly say "I did".
It was such a lovely time- well worth going to.
During the weekend I complete a few layouts, a card and a mini album.
Here are a few of my efforts.

This is the layout I did in Luci Austin's Class- I am in love with her quirky creative stamps they are so cool.

On the Saturday night we had till midnight to submit things into a number of competitions- I had 30 min before midnight and I challenged myself to try and complete a layout for the love is.. layout competition. I was amazed at myself as I think I have only ever once before done a layout so quickly! This was my final product!

I have a few other layouts to share from the last few weeks but I will upload those on my next post.
1 comment:
Oh wwowwww !! Joooooo !!
yes !! it was indeed a fantastic w-end !! soooo much fun to meet new people and sooo brave of you too to come all by yourself !! Like Lusi tells me: 'you meant to be here and be coming'.... and..i've met you too !! you're sooo sweet and hope we still get our little friendship going through our blogs !! and wowww !! looove your LO that you've done at Lusi's class !!! yes...she is an amazing inspirational chick :)
Post a Comment