Saturday, 8 March 2008

A crazy week






This week has been pretty crazy. Had mum come down and stay with us this week. She came down for Lil's birthday and I am glad she did. Monday I went to the doctors, mum and I ran around buying food for Lili's afternoon tea, wrapped presents, made cup cakes for sharing at school, and then made dinner and the birthday cake to be decorated the next day. I was exhausted and mum thought I was totally crazy!



On Tuesday mum and I stayed home, decorated the rainbow fairy cake, cut up all the bits for the kids to make tiaras and wands, cleaned up the house and I went and helped with art at school. Then at 4pm a few of Lili's friends came for her birthday afternoon tea.




At the afternoon tea the girls enjoyed having their fairy fruit fondue and fairy chicken nuggets along with the rainbow fairy cake. They played find the fairies in the garden, pass the present fairy parcel, made their fairy tiaras and wands and danced till their little hearts were content.




In our family, my kids take turns having parties each year. This year is actually Jem's turn to have a party but somehow Lili's little afternoon tea managed to end up more like a party- as she conned me to do one activity after another and asked for more and more friends to come!


Anyway she had a good time and because Nana was here to help we survived the ordeal!




Wednesday we rested and I did a whole heap of work I needed to catch up on while Nana played with Jem on her rest day from school.
Then Thurday and Friday I worked while Nana stayed home and enjoyed herself scrapbooking- where I would rather be!!!
Here is a page I did recently (but not this week)- I made the "Little monster" embellishment from a digital download from "two peas in a bucket".

No comments: