Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Holidays Rule!

I so don't want to be here- back in real life! I really didn't want to come back from holidays but unfortunately all good things have to come to an end! We had a great time at Nambucca Heads. Here was our abode for the two weeks we were away.
We share the campsite with a few locals who will steal your food and take up residence in your tent if you are not careful!
We call her- "Anna" and we tell her to go. GO ANNA !!!! (sorry for the dad humor!)

We love camping as a family -even though there are no real comforts of home- I still love it. The only thing I wish I could take is the dishwasher- I hate washing up!


It is great being so close to the beach- it is so easy to have breakfast, don the swimmers and sunscreen and go for a swim in the waves. Then off to the pool for some diving fun (well Lili loves it -not me) and back to our tent all before it gets too hot.

God was very kind again this year, granting us great weather. We had a few days of rain but no major storms! When it rained we just spent the day at Nan and Pop's place- playing board games, computer games, watching videos (yes, I did day videos- nan has quite a collection), and doing craft kept the girls busy while Nana and I scrapbooked! I managed to do a few pages too! Here is one that I have been wanting to scrap for quite a while now.

and I did one of our family from last Christmas too- using as much of this paper and cardstock as I could as I had limited supply of my own papers.

Would you believe there was even some time for some Romance- yes my husband still believes in it!!! With the kids at a sleepover at nan's, Rob and I had a lovely dinner on the beach (even if it was under an umbrella for most of it!) And Breakfast the next morning was at a local restaurant called the Janning Tree- was very nice indeed.

And we finally did something that we have been meaning to do for a long time on one of our trips to Nambucca- painted a rock on the V-wall.

I am greatful for our super restful, relaxing- fun holiday with family. My family really is such a blessing. I wish it didn't have to end so soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics - you have a beautiful family - God is good!
Luv
Eunice
PS Will try to e-mail soon.

Anonymous said...

Jothe pictures are good especially the go anna and kids on the beach