Monday, 15 December 2008

I can't believe it's almost Christmas

Well, it really is nearly Chirstmas and the crowd goes wild!!!
Why is it we all get so frantic this time of year? No wonder they call it the silly season.
Party after party- concert after concert- shopping after shopping-
I think I have said a few times to my husband and friends- "I'm having fun but I want to get off this ride." I keep telling myself, when school finishes I can do it! Well the kids finished on Friday and I have one more day of work till I will be on holidays too. I can't wait.
It is no wonder that the true meaning of Christmas often gets lost in all of this.
So this year I wanted my Christmas card to remind others of the greatest gift that was given at Christmas and the initial reason for our celebration. I am hoping that this will come across to our kids this Christmas and that they will appreciate the the joy in recieving the greatest gift of eternal life, found in trusting Jesus. And that they will find joy in giving to others, especially to those less fortunate than ourselves.
With the help of my mum I have managed to do photo Christmas cards again this year but I haven't had the chance to send them all out yet. Here is a sneak peek at my photos.

Was very excited to recieve a gift subscription to my fav. mag and restaurant voucher from the parents of the kids I teach. It was very generous of them. I recieved this months mag before recieving the gift and wondered how it was that I was sent it!

The latest craze in scrapbooking seems to be "Blind Scraping" and I tried my hand at it the other night, following the instruction in the magazine. I was pleasantly surprised at the result.



Some of the crazing things we have done in the last few weeks
Took my sister and her family to the Science Centre.
Decorated a ginger bread house with my bible study group ladies. Lots of fun and laughs!


Had a Stampin Up party with Kim Arnold. ( And spent all my birthday and Christmas money!)

Decorated the Christmas tree with the girls and a bit of help from Nana.


Went to Lili's violin Concert- she is a very clever girl. I am so proud of her.
PArticipated in our Church's Kid's Christmas Craft day.
Took 60 Kids to the movies to see MAdagasgar 2.
Oh boy- now do you see why I want to get off this ride!
Hope you all have a very happy Christmas with friends and family but most of all I hope and pray that this Christmas season you will stop and Remember the birth of Jesus who grew up to be the Saviour of the world!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I know how you feel with the "busyness". Love your card.
Hope we can catch up soon.
Have a very Happy Christmas.