During the first week the girls and I met up with my old uni friend Michelle and her kids. She is so lovely and our girls got on really well. I am so glad we have met up again after all these years!
We had a picnic at the Botanical gardens and I managed a few lovely photos of our girls.

Then in the second week we visited them and went to the park at Shellharbour. It was a beautiful warm day and again the girls all had a ball of a time. Unfortunately on this day my cousin who had been battling cancer for sometime passed away on this day. I am greatful to Michelle for her love and support as I found out the terrible news!
So last week I had to go to the Gold Coast for my cousin Sarah's funeral. My Aunt wanted it to be a happy occasion but it was hard to be happy in the face of such a tragedy. She was only 21 and had her whole life ahead of her. I guess we just have to trust that God has a plan for each of us and some of us will have longer on this earth than others. It is a reality check for all of us- life is not permanent and none of us are invincible. Sarah was a beautiful girl and she will be greatly missed. I thought it was a nice touch as her friends and family wrote special messages, attached them to helium balloon and let them go from the top of Tambourine Mountain.
While on the Gold Coast my family and I stayed with a very good friend of mine. We have been friends since we were about 6 years old. (And yes Kel, you are still very dear to my heart even though we don't get to see each other very often). She is lucky enough to live on a gorgeous golf course and has made friends with the local Swan family. They stop by everyday for a feed and sometimes twice a day. Very very Cute!!!


During the second week of holidays we also caught up with some friends from the west. The girls were very excited about a sleep over at their house. More picnics, parks, bush walks and movies was the order of these two days. Thanks to the Gooch family for showing us a good time we love spending time with these guys. (Sorry Daniel didn't make it into the photo!)
As an aside: I have had lots of hits here on my blog in the last week- I would love it if some of you left a comment and said hello. It is nice to know who likes to keep up with what is happening in our lives!
4 comments:
Hi Jo. So sorry to hear about your cousin. Glad you enjoyed the rest of the holidays tho. Ruth
Hello ... Leaving my scent -I was here x Neate (he he he)
hi Jo looks like you KIDS had lots of fun in the slush. Fancy not wearing shoes though. Lili's hair looks shorter
love mum
*waving hello*
Sorry to hear about your cousin's passing.
Post a Comment