Wednesday, 21 May 2008

My Baby turns 6

The last week has again proven to be a busy one! Surviving yet another birthday party. It is hard to believe my little baby has now turned 6- she looks so little but she really is 6. A bustling Hungry Jacks birthday party was the order of the day and was a great hit with all- especially mum, as all I had to do was make the cake! It was great to have my mum come and celebrate with us again. Thanks mum, your a big help and we all love having you here.

Both my girls were also sick last week with the flu and Nana spent a lot of time looking after sick kids, playing many board games while I worked (Nana's really are heaven sent). I don't think I would have coped last week as well with out her.


On the weekend I was privileged to join with some lovey ladies at Janine Kaye's photography workshop class. It was great- while I have read lots of books about photography there is nothing like a bit of hands on. I am grateful for the time as I was able to finally understand how different lenses work and now have worked out how to make my camera give me that nice blur around my portraits every time. before it was always a bit of hit and miss!! Janine also showed us how she edits her photos in photoshop elements to achieve her very poppy photos! There are so many ways to achieve all sorts of effects with photoshop- gotta love that! So Thanks Janine.


Haven't had much time to scrap lately so no layouts to share but I have had small amounts of time to plan some, so hopefully I will get time in the next week.


Teaching a 'Layers' Photoshop Elements class at 'Addicted to Scrappin' tonight and looking forward to helping some of the ladies get a handle on how it all works.


tut tuh for now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohh woww !! sooo lucky of you to attend one of Janine Kay photoshop class !!
I AM SOOO hopeless with this...hmmm...if only i had more time up my sleeve to actually sit there and learn...hmmmm maybe later ?? :)
and well done for you to do classes as well...it's always rewarding to be able to share our passion with people like :)