Wednesday, 5 September 2007

Fathers Day


It is so special when you touch someones heart- One of the beautiful things about scrapbooking is that it encourages you to journal and express how you feel, to record what you really value and appreciate about others. This was my aim when I set out to make my dad his fathers day gift for this year. I made him a small chipboard album full of pictures of him with the grand kids- both mine and my sisters. I wrote about how much I know the kids mean to him. I wanted to let him know how much they appreciate his love and how much that means to me as a mum. I know that this hit the spot when after he read it, he shed a tear! I can hardly believe I made my dad cry- it doesn't happen very often so I know this little book really spoke to his heart. I love ya dad.

I know Rob enjoyed his day too even though he spent most of the day writing a talk for church he was giving that night. We made him a yummy breakfast which is his favourite meal of the day and for lunch we had yummy vintage cheese, Thai dip and all sorts of cracker biscuits. The girls made all manner of papery, painted and glued fathers day gifts- even a paper tie I dared Rob to wear to church but he wouldn't be in it!
Here's a layouts that I did of my sister and my beautiful niece .











2 comments:

KimA said...

that mini album was just beautiful Jo

Anonymous said...

thanks kima